Welcome to the "kubuntu-users" mailing list

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 2 06:00:39 UTC 2010

Le Monday 01 March 2010 14.44:59 Billie Erin Walsh, vous avez écrit (you
wrote) :
> Perry wrote:
> > Le Friday 26 February 2010 23.41:20 Jonas Norlander, vous avez écrit (you
> >
> > wrote) :
> >> As I read it it's wubi he is using. Wubi is installed just as any
> >> application in windows. I haven't tried it though.
> >>
> >> http://wubi-installer.org/
> >>
> >> / Jonas
> >
> > On Saturday the 29th Varun wrote:
> > 1. Yes, I installed Kubuntu as an app software (as was mentioned on CD
> > label). However, i can only boot into either at startup. I know about
> > Virtualization but don't want that.
> >
> > I take it for granted that if he was using wubi, Varun would have to
> > first boot into M$ in order to launch it.
> >
> > Cheers		Perry
>
> Wubi sets up a dual boot system using the built in Windows boot manager
> rather than Grub.

Thanks Billie and lanzen for the info.

This is cristal clear and explains the confusion with M$ application and
startup. I guess wubi only needs to be used once.

Cheers		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #274: It was OK before you touched it