Move clock ahead five minutes

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:51:55 UTC 2010

On 5 February 2010 12:37, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 19:13, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe Dotan needs an extra 5 minutes to get out of the house on time :) My
>>> wife uses that trick on her watch and the kitchen clock and the one in the
>>> car.....
>>
>> Exactly!
>
> Well, this has been proven not to work, since you know you have set
> the clock wrong and will continue to count this in.

I don't count the extra five minutes in. In fact, in my case it has
been a proven winner.

> I did this myself
> and I always thought "oh but the clock is 5 minutes fast anyway, I
> have plenty of time". Learning to be on time and scheduling everything
> 30 minutes ahead would be a much better solution. It is a learning
> process and you really must want to be on time.

Different things work for different people.

> Do you miss trains and
> buses and flights, too? I bet not, so apparently you can be on time if
> there is no choice :)

Yes, I was missing buses until Nils figured out how to keep my clock
"on time" for me!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.