Move clock ahead five minutes

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Fri Feb 5 10:37:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 19:13, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe Dotan needs an extra 5 minutes to get out of the house on time :) My
>> wife uses that trick on her watch and the kitchen clock and the one in the
>> car.....
>
> Exactly!

Well, this has been proven not to work, since you know you have set
the clock wrong and will continue to count this in. I did this myself
and I always thought "oh but the clock is 5 minutes fast anyway, I
have plenty of time". Learning to be on time and scheduling everything
30 minutes ahead would be a much better solution. It is a learning
process and you really must want to be on time. Do you miss trains and
buses and flights, too? I bet not, so apparently you can be on time if
there is no choice :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org