Lots of eyeballs to find the remaining bugs?

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Thu Apr 22 21:16:45 BST 2010

On 4/22/2010 2:09 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Kubuntu 10.04 RC1 has been released:
> http://www.kubuntu.org/node/142
> In the release announcement the dev mentions that this is the first
> KDE 4.x LTS, so they need "lots of eyeballs to find the remaining
> bugs". However, as I understand it, Kubuntu does not fix KDE bugs,
> they simply pass them upstream. So what does the KDE version number
> have to do with finding the remaining bugs? Will Canonical start
> fixing KDE bugs?
> Note that I am not critical of Canonical's policy of passing bugs upstream.

I understand it to mean these bugs:
Installation and upgrade bugs, Kubuntu-specific bugs (notification
indicator widget, the printer applet), packaging bugs (akonadi errors,
Ubuntu/Debian-specific patches)......

Kubuntu devs do submit bug fix patches to KDE as well.

You might want to also ask this question on the -devel list.

Clay Weber