Lots of eyeballs to find the remaining bugs?

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Fri Apr 23 21:10:45 UTC 2010

On 4/23/2010 8:10 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I understand it to mean these bugs:
>> Installation and upgrade bugs,
>
> That has nothing to do with KDE 4.

No, it doesn't

>> Kubuntu-specific bugs (notification
>> indicator widget, the printer applet),
>
> Are these Kubuntu / Canonical developments?

yes

>> packaging bugs (akonadi errors,
>> Ubuntu/Debian-specific patches)......
>>

> This sounds like the point that I had missed. Yes, packaging KDE 4 is
> in fact different than packaging KDE 3.
>

>> Kubuntu devs do submit bug fix patches to KDE as well.
>>

> I was unaware of that, in fact I think I had once read criticism
> (maybe out of date by now) that Canonical does not contribute back to
> KDE.

>> You might want to also ask this question on the -devel list.
>>

> As it is a curiosity issue I don't want to bother them with such
> matters in the last week before a release! There it might be
> considered trolling, whereas here I could gather some insight from
> community.

I think that is the proper place as that is where any development
discussion occurs (outside of #kubuntu-devel on irc - their preferred
venue for discussion). You definitely would not be bothering or trolling
the list with these questions!

This list is a very, very tiny sliver in terms of the overall community