"Grub loading ...Error 18" - HD's not accessible any more. (Kubuntu Karmic/ WinXP)

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Apr 8 15:09:56 UTC 2010

On 04/08/2010 10:29 PM, James Tappin wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:20:10 +0200
> Bas Roufs<basroufs at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> BR>  >  Understand, one small point, there is no need for more than 1 swap
> BR>  >  partition however many OS there are.
> BR>
> BR>  OK, clear, good that you mention this.
>
> Using one swap partition for multiple Linuxes can be problematic (and
> this is related to a recent thread on the ubuntu list) *buntu and most
> other distros refer to the swap partition by UUID -- and I've yet to
> find an installer that doesn't insist on reformatting the swap
> partition, thus changing the UUID and so disabling swap on the earlier
> installs unless you edit /etc/fstab.

Okay, good point. I have no problems with it, though I remember just
doing a swapoff and swapon once. And I don't reformat swap for any
installation as long it's there. But I'll watch out for it.

James and others, Bas mentioned
> How can I find/ recognise files related to KAddressbook?

can you help him with this, as mentioned, I have not used kmail for some
time and I could have given wrong infomation. (Even those I use
regularly, like ctl + x, alt + ctl + k, etc,, they don't stick in my
mind...)

Thanks - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.