Kubuntu a dist in crisis?

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Oct 24 13:57:40 UTC 2009

O. Sinclair wrote:
> http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1032
>
> Read - do you agree? To some extent I do, at least on bugs not being
> attended to even if they are serious.
>
> And no, am not a coder so can not do much to assist there. And yes,
> still with Kubuntu and doing what I can to spread it.
>
> Sinclair

I can agree with everyone else in that it's a KDE problem much more than
a Kubuntu problem. Maybe some folks just can't separate the two.

As I have said many times before. I am _not_ a power user. I'm an
average home computer user. I never tried 8.04 with KDE 4, 8.10/4.x was
a PITA until a KDE upgrade. Since then KUbuntu/KDE has just simply
worked for me. No wireless issues, although I will admit that it does
get a bit cranky once in a while. Don't use Kmail so no issues with
that. I'm a happy camper. Looking forward to 9.10.

A couple weeks ago for some unknown reason my 8.04 install started to
boot up again [ boot failed for months and I never got around to trying
to fix it ]. I played around for a little bit. After using KDE 4.x for a
year KDE 3.x was kind of .............. "clunky" somehow. I almost wish
it hadn't started booting again. I had such  fond memories.................

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop