No sound in Flashplayer 10.0.32.18

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:25:28 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 4:05:17 pm David Ex wrote:

> > Message: 9
> > Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:32:40 -0500
> > From: Jerry Lapham <rjlapham at gmail.com>
> > Subject: No sound in Flashplayer 10.0.32.18
> > To: Kubuntu user technical support <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >
> > *I'm running Firefox 3.5.5 on Kubuntu 9.10.  I have the Adobe Flashplayer
> > 10.0.32.18 (the current version according to the Adobe web site).  I'm
> > getting a beautiful picture but no sound.  The volume slider in
> > Flashplayer is all the way up and the volume on the KDE panel shows 100%.
> >
> > I get sound when I play a .wmv movie with Dragon Player.  I also have
> > sound in
> > Flashplayer 10.0.32.18 in Firefox 3.5.3 on Windows Vista.
> >
> > Hardware is a Toshiba Sattelite L355-S7915.
> >
> > Anyone else having problems with Flashplayer?
> >
> >        -Jerry
> > --*
>
> Open your Volume utility on the task bar again.  Click on the small button
> "Mixer" and make sure your PCM volume level is turned up as well as your
> Front end volume level.

That worked!  Thanks.

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at gmail.com
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society of America recently started an
advertising campaign with the slogan "MS: It's not a software company".
Seasoned IT professionals will have no trouble telling the two MS's apart.
One is a debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that renders the
sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. The other is a disease.