Urgent help needed - desktop/ screen Kubuntu Karmic does not function at all!

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:31:30 UTC 2009

*Hello everybody

Thanks for useful input,  Nepal.*

> >  the panel and the rest of the screen get slightly bigger icons and
texts/ characters?* ...

> > On the righthand end of the panel should be a cashew shaped thingy. Click
> >  on it and it should pop up a panel above your own with some options on
> >  such as "Add Widgets", "Height" and "Screen Edge".....

*With respect to the panel, this approach works -- it is clear now.

With respect to the rest of the screen in every application: I found a
possibility to adjust the the dimensions via Control+ and Control-.
For now, only one 'KDE' question remains: how can I get back the desktop
plasma?

Thanks, respectfully yours,

Bas.*