How to access jaunty eclipse project from karmic?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 17:11:09 UTC 2009

David Ex said the following at 11/13/2009 04:52 PM :
> D. R. Evans said the following at 11/10/2009 02:07 PM :
>> This is silly... I have an eclipse project that I was working on in
> jaunty.
>> Now, having "upgraded" to karmic, not only does it seem like all knowledge
>> of the state of the project is lost, but I can't even figure out how to
> get
>> to the project any more.
>
>> So doesn't anyone here know how to do this???
>
>> I mean, it seems pretty important to have a development platform that
>> works, and as far as I can tell eclipse doesn't.
>
>> Do I need to go back to kdevelop? (Although I have no great hope that that
>> works either, since the bug that caused it not to work in jaunty has never
>> been marked as fixed.)
>
>   >Doc

> Doc, why not just start a new project with your new version of eclipse then
> add all the source code files from your old project to the new one.  Altho

I've decided that I'm not going to run the risk that I'll need to go
through the agony of trying to re-create all the configuration settings
again in another six months. I'm moving the project to MS Dev Studio on a
Windows box. I've been through several upgrades of Dev Studio over the
years and while to my mind it's become annoyingly heavier with each release
-- which is one reason I switched to kdevelop a while back -- but at least
I've never experienced the situation with kdevelop in jaunty or eclipse in
karmic, where suddenly something fundamental to the development process has
stopped working.

It's just too painful to port an 80,000-line codebase spread over ~150
files to run the risk of doing it more than once.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR