How to access jaunty eclipse project from karmic?

David Ex crossbones.ex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 23:52:52 UTC 2009

D. R. Evans said the following at 11/10/2009 02:07 PM :
> This is silly... I have an eclipse project that I was working on in
jaunty.
> Now, having "upgraded" to karmic, not only does it seem like all knowledge
> of the state of the project is lost, but I can't even figure out how to
get
> to the project any more.

>So doesn't anyone here know how to do this???

>I mean, it seems pretty important to have a development platform that
>works, and as far as I can tell eclipse doesn't.

>Do I need to go back to kdevelop? (Although I have no great hope that that
>works either, since the bug that caused it not to work in jaunty has never
>been marked as fixed.)

  >Doc

Doc, why not just start a new project with your new version of eclipse then
add all the source code files from your old project to the new one.  Altho
not ideal, it should only take a few minutes.  Problem solved... unless
there is something about eclipse projects I don't know about (typically I
just use Kate to write code with :) )

-David Ex
--
I am David and I approve this message