Kubuntu a dist in crisis?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Nov 2 14:48:37 UTC 2009

Clay Weber wrote:

> On Sunday 01 November 2009 03:43:25 pm Derek Broughton wrote:

>> As far as I was concerned, it wasn't an argument about programming
>>  languages at all - it was an argument about whether specific programming
>>  languages could/should be held as the "standard" in Ubuntu.  Perhaps it
>>  really belongs in one of the devel-discuss lists, but that's not where
>>  it is - and any attempt to move a thread is just another form of
>>  censorship.
>
> Now that is simply a load of rubbish.

Which "it"?  That it should have been in devel-discuss?  Or that demanding
threads be moved is censorship?  Or that it wasn't specifically about
languages? The first is self-evident, I think, and the second should be.
It's an attempt to stop people talking about something in "their" list, and
to make them move discussion to a list they likely aren't even subscribed
to.  The last was an opinion, which you don't have to agree with, but are
not in a position to call rubbish.

> So how would one filter this out in a web search?

???  How would you find "this" post unless you were searching for arguments
about what is allowable on the list?
--
derek