Moderation

Martin Laberge mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:27:14 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 07:18:53 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as we repeatedly asked people to respect the mailing list guidelines
> and the etiquette [1] without effect, we will now put moderation flags
> to everybody who doesn't respect those rules.
>
> This means for most of the list subscribers nothing will change, but a
> few here will have to be patient to get their posts approved by the
> mailing list administrators for some time. That flag will be taken
> away once it's not necessary anymore.
>
> There is a mailing list for all Ubuntu flavors available [2] - called
> "sounder" - where random chit chat, bike shedding and such belong to,
> so this list here can be used for it's original purpose, namely
> support for users.
>
> Thanks for your understanding

I have rear all the thread now, and I agree with most
who consider that a little fiendship and family-like
feeling while participating to the list, as reader,
as asker, as responder, as curious, help give us a
certain plus, to the boring task of reading questions,
and answering those that we can.

Participation is the first step in coming a full
active part of the community. Fearing to partitipate
the first or second time, will not help build our
community.

I understand the act of filtering hatrid or sexual
or violent or really not tolerable speakings.

Speaking about Life, Computers, Techniques, (Hi)Stories
or other meaningful subject who are common to the
type of users of this mailing-list, should be welcome
and tolerated as they are: a human response.

And yes the users of this mailing-list are for the most
using kubuntu, or planning to use it, and they seems
very welcoming to a little theoretical thinking sometimes.
(I am listening for 3+ years)

Thanks for your good job.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
mlsoftlaberge at hotmail.com
mlsoft at videotron.ca
Tel:(418)521-6823
Cell:(418)575-2945
*** 30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning... ***