Find

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 19:53:52 UTC 2009

On Thursday 14 May 2009 03:20:17 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > That’s what I suspected.  So what does 'save session for future logins'
> > do, is it the same as suspend to disk?
>
> No, that says to remember the state of your applications when they're
> closed, and open them up to the same place when you log in again.  It only
> works for "session manager aware" applications, which used to mean it
> didn't work for OO or Firefox.  Firefox remembers its state now, but I
> don't know if it's doing it through the session manager or not.
>
> Goh says he doesn't see that - it's an option somewhere in the Login
> manager settings.  I haven't looked at it for a while, but you could either
> choose to always save the session as you log out, save a session at a
> specific time which will always be used when you log in, or not save
> sessions at all. --
> derek

It was my understanding that suspend to disk saved data and restored to the
exact place you left.  If you were watching a movie, the movie would resume in
the middle of a sentence.  Can't say were I got that, but I made my swap to
double my ram just to be sure.  I have 16gb of swap 8gb of ram.

Steven