Find

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu May 14 19:20:17 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:

> That’s what I suspected.  So what does 'save session for future logins'
> do, is it the same as suspend to disk?

No, that says to remember the state of your applications when they're
closed, and open them up to the same place when you log in again.  It only
works for "session manager aware" applications, which used to mean it didn't
work for OO or Firefox.  Firefox remembers its state now, but I don't know
if it's doing it through the session manager or not.

Goh says he doesn't see that - it's an option somewhere in the Login manager
settings.  I haven't looked at it for a while, but you could either choose
to always save the session as you log out, save a session at a specific time
which will always be used when you log in, or not save sessions at all.
--
derek