Acer aspire one & Kubuntu

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Sun May 3 22:29:07 BST 2009

Goh Lip wrote:
> Ah, You have the Ubuntu Netbook Remix; not the Kubuntu Remix with the
> KDE3.5. Your version runs off the flash drive.
>
> Nope, if you want the Kubuntu, best to install to your hard drive
> from a freshly downloaded Kubuntu Jaunty Kde4.2.
>
> Note : I have downloaded before, a Kubuntu version, some years back
> to a 8GB thumb drive and run it off several machines from that thumb.
> But I won't recommend it at this stage.
>
> However you would need to check if you have enough disk space for your Acer; I think it comes with 8 GB, RAM 2GB? Atom processor? A bit dicey to install together with your original OS.
>
> If you still want to try out Kubuntu, try to download the Kubuntu and see if it runs off the live CD, 32 bit version. If it doesn't work, don't install it. If it works, please come back to us and we'll take it from there and install to an external hard drive. (If it doesn't work, we'll still appreciate the feedback.)
>
> Anyway if it doesn't work, you still have the Ubuntu Netbook Remix running off the flash.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Regards,
> Goh Lip
>

> To be already riding the donkey, and then go out in search of it:
> This is.....................the Zen of No Enlightenment.

H Goh Lip
I have enough space on my hard drive. It is 160 GB and comes with XP
prei-nstalled. I intend re-partitioning and then double booting so I can
keep my XP pre-setup for warranty purposes if I ever need it. I have a 3
year warranty on the Acer.
I will be installing Kubuntu with KDE 4.2.2 as you suggested.
Thanks for your advise. It kinda set my thoughts right.
Errol