upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 05:34:23 UTC 2009

Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> As I understand the plan for the future Konqueror is not going to be
> the swiss army knife of KDE any longer. It's future is to be a better
> web web browser. It's something people are just going to have to live
> with or change desktops. Much like all the changes from KDE 3.5.10 to
> KDE 4.x. I can't say I'm particularly crazy about it but as I learn
> to work _with_it_ and not _against_it_ KDE 4.x is becoming much
> easier to live with.

The KDE4 Konqueror is usable as a file manager - at least for me it is
good enough and much better than dolphin even if it uses parts of
dolphin. Somehow it wouldn't make sense to first implement in konqueror
all the features I need from a file manager and then next year (or
whenever) taking those features away. And if that really happens, I will
definitely switch to another desktop instead of using dolphin.

Nils