upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Jun 14 13:18:09 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> As I understand the plan for the future Konqueror is not going to be
>> the swiss army knife of KDE any longer. It's future is to be a better
>> web web browser. It's something people are just going to have to live
>> with or change desktops. Much like all the changes from KDE 3.5.10 to
>> KDE 4.x. I can't say I'm particularly crazy about it but as I learn
>> to work _with_it_ and not _against_it_ KDE 4.x is becoming much
>> easier to live with.
>>

> The KDE4 Konqueror is usable as a file manager - at least for me it is
> good enough and much better than dolphin even if it uses parts of
> dolphin. Somehow it wouldn't make sense to first implement in konqueror
> all the features I need from a file manager and then next year (or
> whenever) taking those features away. And if that really happens, I will
> definitely switch to another desktop instead of using dolphin.
>

> Nils

When Dolphin first appeared I was still new enough to Linux in general
that I started using it right off the bat. I quite like it. IMHO, some
of the earlier versions had a few things that I like better than some of
the newer versions. But the bottom line is that with Dolphin I can do
anything you need done with a file/folder manager. Whether it be on the
different drives of my own machine or across our home network. Dolphin
is a good tool. But like any good tool you have to learn how to use it.
I never had to "un-learn" Konqueror because I used Dolphin from the start.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,