I need help installing a .deb package.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 16:10:44 GMT 2009

I tried this in the console (what I want to do is install webmin):

steven at Studio25:~$ sudo install
file:///home/steven/Desktop/usermin_1.370_all.deb
install: missing destination file operand after
`file:///home/steven/Desktop/usermin_1.370_all.deb'
Try `install --help' for more information.
steven at Studio25:~$

I have used Adept Package Manager and Synaptic to install packages.  I have
used apt-get install.  But when I downloaded this package and put it on the
Desktop, I was unable to install it.  What do I do?  Thanks.

I also tried the help option, but was unable to understand how to use what I
read.

Steven