I need help installing a .deb package.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 22:05:52 UTC 2009

kedit would not open this time.  A box opened that says on the title bar:
Kedit - KDialog, then the following information:  Will not save
configuration.  Configuration file "/home/steven/.kde/share/config/keditrc"
not writable.  Please contact your system administrator.

I remember mentioning in a post that I had a kedit open as KEdit <2>.  I am
pretty sure I saved and closed that.  Later I got an instruction to not save
and close it, but it was too late.  Is that the reason KEdit doesn't perform.
If so, is there something I can do?

Steven