I need help installing a .deb package.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 19:03:03 UTC 2009

Tycho Andersen wrote:
> Steven:
>
> I think what you may be looking for is something like this:
>
> sudo dpkg -i /home/steven/Desktop/usermin_1.370_all.deb

absolutely correct: OTH I am assuming that Steven most probably wants to
be prepared for potentially installing "nearly anything that Linux can
do". For this, usermin is NOT the tool of choice.

For this you need to download and install WEBMIN.

so
sudo dpkg -i /home/steven/Desktop/webmin_1.441_all.deb

is, what will most probably do the trick.

Kind regards
Eberhard