OT Both my HDD's going bad at same time.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 21:03:05 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 14:50:51 Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> But this unfortunately does not alter the fact that your harddisk will
> >> die and all your data will be lost if you will not have a recent backup.
> >
> > It is the only gambling I do, except for a game.
> > Steven
>
> ok, but what does this mean?
>
> Logically your data has no value, since you are gambling with it.
>
> Through VERY BAD experiences, I came to the conclusion that my data has
> value, at least for me. Therefore I try to treat it accordingly.
>

> Kind regards
> Eberhard
If I buy a new drive for this machine, when the new one is just around the
corner, I spend money I can not afford to spend.  If I win my bet, and the new
motherboard arrives in time, I lose nothing and am done with this lemon.

If I purchase a new drive that holds 280gb of data, it costs $50 and is an ATA
drive.  The new computer is SATA.  There lies the reason for my gamble.

Steven