(OT)-installed a little kde, it switched to it on the reboot, and most stuff is missing, no access to a shell of any kind

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Dec 14 17:56:52 UTC 2009

Gene, I had held back message below in draft for a long long time, kept
it there because it might be counterproductive instead. But the time
limit ran out in the email client and prompt me to send it. :)  So here
it is.

<draft>

Gene, just a little note of encouragement from me. I couldn't for the
life of me know how to help you out. But just a note from a young
greenhorn like me to cheer you on. I'm sure like heck want to know how
an wily old coyote like you can pull this thing off.

ps: have you called Acme Co?  :)

<undraft>

But seriously, hope to hear one day (I'm waiting....) you've got this
problem licked.

Best of luck, Take care.
Goh Lip

ps: my humour and irony (with good intent) is sometimes lost on some
people and it rubs them the wrong way. I have to keep myself in check as
others may be more 'sombre'. But I think you can take a laugh.

--
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.
                                - Oscar Wilde