(OT)-installed a little kde, it switched to it on the reboot, and most stuff is missing, no access to a shell of any kind

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 14 19:16:26 UTC 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009, Goh Lip wrote:
>Gene, I had held back message below in draft for a long long time, kept
>it there because it might be counterproductive instead. But the time
>limit ran out in the email client and prompt me to send it. :)  So here
>it is.
>
><draft>
>
>Gene, just a little note of encouragement from me. I couldn't for the
>life of me know how to help you out. But just a note from a young
>greenhorn like me to cheer you on. I'm sure like heck want to know how
>an wily old coyote like you can pull this thing off.
>
>ps: have you called Acme Co?  :)

For a roadrunner trap?  Not in the market. Surplus neighborhood cats, now
that's another project I'm working on. :)

><undraft>
>
>But seriously, hope to hear one day (I'm waiting....) you've got this
>problem licked.

I'm working on it, making progress slowly one could say, there are simply too
many things to cross install before its all toasty & snuggly.

>Best of luck, Take care.
>Goh Lip
>
>ps: my humour and irony (with good intent) is sometimes lost on some
>people and it rubs them the wrong way. I have to keep myself in check as
>others may be more 'sombre'. But I think you can take a laugh.

I am not allergic to a good bit of humor, in fact at 75 a good belly laugh is
recommended now & again, and having read yours now since I subbed to this
list, you are pretty good at it.

OTOH, I don't know as I'd quite my day job just yet. ;-)

Thanks Goh Lip.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

You know, the difference between this company and the Titanic is that the
Titanic had paying customers.