Google Chrome beta

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 00:39:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:

> Yes, had the chrome beta, before that was trying out the chromium daily
> build from ppa, chrome is much better than the daily-build. Don't have
> jumpy flash though on both (i'm on 64 bit). Not exactly sure if html5
> would dispense with the need for flash entirely, but opera and chrome
> has better support for html5 than firefox, currently. Interestingly,
> konqueror has very good html5 compliance.
>
> Mouse gesture support in chrome is not as good because the right click
> context menu is effected upon 'click' and not upon release.

1.  Chromium is the open source version.  I have that on my computer with
Kubuntu.

2.  Google Chrome is different, though they acknowledge contributions from
the Chromium project.  I was also using that in pre-beta.  But the beta
version is much better, if you ask me.  Like the various add-ons you can get
now.

3.  I'm not yet giving up Firefox.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own