Google Chrome beta

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 13 00:52:02 UTC 2009

On Sunday 13 Dec 2009 00:00:50 Randy wrote:
> Anyone else tried the Google Chrome beta in Kubuntu?  Everything works
> fine on my machine (it imported /everything /from Firefox, including
> bookmarks -- and retained the structure -- cookies and saved logins) but
> the sound in Flash is "jumpy".
>
> Randy

It works ok-ish for me, but plugin support is very weak at the moment. I can't cope without Foxmarks (or is it Xmarks now?) so I'll be waiting a while. I'm also not keen on the looks of it, for some reason I can't quite place. OTOH it does seem a bit faster than Firefox.

BTW is there any truth in the rumour that Chrome sends statistics of your personal browsing habits back to Google?

Mark