Google Chrome beta

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Dec 13 00:34:06 UTC 2009

On 12/13/2009 08:00 AM, Randy wrote:
> Anyone else tried the Google Chrome beta in Kubuntu?  Everything works
> fine on my machine (it imported /everything /from Firefox, including
> bookmarks -- and retained the structure -- cookies and saved logins) but
> the sound in Flash is "jumpy".
>
> Randy

Yes, had the chrome beta, before that was trying out the chromium daily
build from ppa, chrome is much better than the daily-build. Don't have
jumpy flash though on both (i'm on 64 bit). Not exactly sure if html5
would dispense with the need for flash entirely, but opera and chrome
has better support for html5 than firefox, currently. Interestingly,
konqueror has very good html5 compliance.

Mouse gesture support in chrome is not as good because the right click
context menu is effected upon 'click' and not upon release.

Regards,
Goh Lip