grub2 = beta?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 15:59:07 UTC 2009

On Friday 11 December 2009, Goh Lip wrote:
>On 12/11/2009 11:21 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
>> I propose the following (after your agreement to it).....
>> I shall send to your direct email address  a grub2 iso file about 1 Mb
>> size where you will burn to a cd.
>> Boot that up to your Linux Mint and set that grub to mbr.
>
>On second thoughts, if you do have a Karmic livecd, don't know enough
>about Linux Mint, (maybe it'll work too), you can get your own grub2 iso
>by typing at a terminal, when that livecd boots up,
>
>grub-mkrescue anyname.iso

And where would it put that image?  Surely not directly on a cd..

>Burn that anyname.iso image and you have that grub2 bootable cd.
>
>Sorry about that, Gene. I keep making mistakes like that when I send
>messages too quickly. But if you want me to send you the iso file, it's
>okay with me too.
>
>Regards,
>Goh Lip

I don't have karmic, only 6.06 and 8.04 (LTS versions, used to run my milling
machine.  I'll look at the boot menu of the Mint cd again, it may have that
ability.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.