grub2 = beta?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Dec 11 15:42:21 UTC 2009

On 12/11/2009 11:21 PM, Goh Lip wrote:

> I propose the following (after your agreement to it).....
> I shall send to your direct email address  a grub2 iso file about 1 Mb
> size where you will burn to a cd.
> Boot that up to your Linux Mint and set that grub to mbr.

On second thoughts, if you do have a Karmic livecd, don't know enough
about Linux Mint, (maybe it'll work too), you can get your own grub2 iso
by typing at a terminal, when that livecd boots up,

grub-mkrescue anyname.iso

Burn that anyname.iso image and you have that grub2 bootable cd.

Sorry about that, Gene. I keep making mistakes like that when I send
messages too quickly. But if you want me to send you the iso file, it's
okay with me too.

Regards,
Goh Lip