Bugs and irritations

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Thu Dec 10 10:24:01 UTC 2009

Hi all

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 09:24, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK after some time with Karmic 9.10 as main system here some bugs and
> irritations:

> KPackagekit - try to explain to new users that they must know the name
> of any application to find/install it and not just check for say Games,
> Office or whatever.

I really don't see where the problem is: go to the Software Management
part and filter by categories. Default is All packages, but if you
open the dropdown menu you can see all the other available filters.

> Amarok2 - .... where do I start. Playlists: I can no longer just ask for
> 50 random tracks from my collection but have to figure out a "criteria"
> for that first.

Rubbish, just activate the dynamic playlist, choose the amount of
tracks you want to have added, and it works. Random is the default,
you only need to add criterias (bias) if you want some more detailed
filtering. Don't activate the "Random" option in the playlist
settings, this has nothing to do with dynamic playlists. Even if you
only choose 10 tracks which is the default setting, it will repopulate
automatically. Did you even try? Seems not...

> I can no longer check for mp3 tags from internet for
> songs loaded without such. At least I have not yet figured out how.
> Those are the 2 biggest issues I think

Because Musicbrainz changed their API and they are not exactly
collaboration with us. So if you blame somebody, please do it in the
appropriate place. A polite question "why doesn't this work like this
anymore?" on either http://forums.kde.org or #amarok on
irc.freenode.net would have given you the answer, btw...

I will not answer the rest of your "remarks", but filling bugs and/or
asking in the appropriate forums/channels in a polite manner would
have given you all the indications you need...

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org