Amarok2

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Apr 26 13:15:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> It does, it is a plasma-widget, just not integrated in Amarok any
> more, but you cn download it in the "Add new widgets..." oprion on the
> plasma desktop.

Some documentation to that effect would be nice. This is not something
I would have known.

>> and the tools for connecting to my MTP device are just useless.
>
> You should have a more precise look at Amarok 2.0.2, because almost
> all the features you are looking for are there, and a lot is
> configurable. Amarok 2 is a whole new codebase, and all new things one
> has to get used to...
>
> Your MTP device shows up in the collection once it is connected, just
> look closer...

Nope. In Amarok 2.0.2, simply hooking up my MTP player causes Amarok
to crash. In the nightly build, it recognizes that my MTP device
exists, but won't do anything with it, won't even dock it.

>> On a similar note, I don't suppose anyone knows how to get my
>> playlists imported from my old Amarok to the new one?
>
> Well, obviously you didn't even try  *sigh*. Of course you can, there
> is an import feature in the settings.

Nope. This doesn't work. It doesn't even import my entire collection
(only two tracks out of over 1,000), and doesn't import playlists at
all. In all my Googling I have not found a single instance of this
feature working at all for anyone.

> Next time you start a rant, know what you are talking about first...

I do. I've looked at each feature, and Googled each one that doesn't
seem to work, and have not found a single fix for any of them.

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford at mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com