Changinnng to default BIOS settings has created problems.

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 22:13:30 UTC 2009

(snip)

> 1. login with your username and password
> 2. navigate to /etc/X11
> cd /etc/X11
>
> 3. copy xorg.conf to a save name, you never know...
> sudo cp xorg.conf xorg.conf.nvidia

I copied it as follows:  steven @Yesua: /etc/X11$ sudo cp xorg.conf
xorg.conf.nvidia  I got the following response:  cp:  cannot create
regular file `xorg.conf.nvidia': Read-only file system
So then I tried:  steven at Yesua: /etc/X11$ sudo cp xorg.conf  xorg.fnoc
(just reversing the conf letters and got the same response.  I stopped
here for additional help.