Changinnng to default BIOS settings has created problems.

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 17:45:32 UTC 2009

> Can you get into the BIOS when the computer starts?

Yes.
> If you can see the BIOS screen properly, then you are probably right in
> thinking the default BIOS values do not work well with your video card.

I have trouble remembering how I did that.  I believe that I updated the
drivers for the video card by opening an application called hardware, or
something like that.  I remember there were two choiced for my Video
Card.  A 173 and a 180.37, I believe to get the right drivers
installed.  It was the 180.37 driver for my card.  But I don't know how
to do that in the BIOS.  I remember that when I flashed the BIOS it was
simple, other than the fact I had to use a listing that was for a C:
drive, which is Windows, but it worked just fine at the time.  There
wasn't an option for Linux, in any event.  The drivers, however, were a
wonderful improvement over default drivers that worked fine.  That is
why I don't understand why the default drivers don't work now.

The Motherboard has an nVidia 780a chip and the capabilities to run
three video cards.  Since my card is an nVidia 9600 Gforce, it should
work OK with default drivers.

I am a bit confused about BIOS settings.  I remember that I flashed the
proper BIOS, but I can't figure out how to do it now, and I can't seem
to find my manual at the moment.

How would you word a Google entry with my problem?  I am not sure what
to say.

STeven