DVD copy

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:08:07 UTC 2009

I'm running Kubuntu 8.04/KDE 3.5.10.  This evening I was trying to copy a
2.7GB video DVD using K3b.  When it got to 58% read, 29% overall, it hung the
system.  The mouse cursor disappeared, the Numlock light went off, and the
capslock and scroll lock lights started flashing.  C-A-D didn't work, so I
had to hit RESET.  The /tmp directory where the ISO was being written to had
8GB free.  This happened twice.  Then I tried reading the DVD to an ISO file
and burning the ISO in separate transactions and that worked.

Any ideas why?

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050