Astronomy and Computerised Telescopes

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Apr 18 11:25:46 UTC 2009

I'm wondering, does anybody here use computer controlled telescopes with
Linux?

I've always rather fancied having a telescope, and these days I could afford
to buy the new Meade model which automatically aligns itself using a built in
GPS receiver and digital sensor.

The potential problem is, that AIUI the controllers for these need to be
updated for new comets, path changes of asteroids due to gravitational tugs
from other objects they pass, etc. The Meade site only mentions support for
Windows. So, does anybody use these instruments with Linux? If so how?

Thanks

Dave

--

Registered Linux user number 393408