RESOLVED ** Re: Can Jaunty updates and upgrades be obtained using apt-get and a Konsole? THANKS!

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 08:54:54 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 2:24:42 pm John L Vifian wrote:
> On Thursday 16 April 2009 10:56:39 am Steven Vollom wrote:
> >  After an update, my panel left
> > the screen, so I don't get the update icon that always produced the
> > Jaunty updates and upgrades.  Since the panel is gone, I have not had any
> > updates or upgrades, and I still have no panel.
>
> What happens when you right-click on the desktop and choose "Add Panel"?

I get a dark line the size of the panel all across the screen, but there is
nothing on it except a small acorn on the very right side of the panel.

> If it adds a panel you can right click on it and add the appropriate
> widgets. "Application Launcher", "System Tray", "Task Manger", "Trashcan",
> "Digital Clock", "Device Notifier" and "Pager" to duplicate what I have.

I am a bit embarrassed.  I have seen but did not see.  It put things back.  I
guess I wonder where the panel went, and expected it to return as it left.  I
have never made it piece by piece before.  Thank you so very much.  I should
not have had to bother you.  Sorry~!

Steven