Can Jaunty updates and upgrades be obtained using apt-get and a Konsole?

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Thu Apr 16 18:24:42 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 10:56:39 am Steven Vollom wrote:
>  After an update, my panel left
> the screen, so I don't get the update icon that always produced the Jaunty
> updates and upgrades.  Since the panel is gone, I have not had any updates
> or upgrades, and I still have no panel.

What happens when you right-click on the desktop and choose "Add Panel"?

If it adds a panel you can right click on it and add the appropriate widgets.
"Application Launcher", "System Tray", "Task Manger", "Trashcan", "Digital
Clock", "Device Notifier" and "Pager" to duplicate what I have.

Good Luck,

John Vifian
--
I am at two with nature.