[Jaunty] Unresolved GL vieo problem

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Apr 7 20:11:42 UTC 2009

I raised the issue of video acceleration problems a week or so back.
I've still not resolved this. However, let me expound.

>From boot, when I use the desktop, things seem to be okay. There's no
slow down and the funky compiz features work great. Neat zoom and all.

However, when I run, say, glxgears, everything is fine until I resize
the window to a certain size, and then fps fall through the floor - to
around 3fps. But, if I leave the thing chugging away for a minute or
two, then suddenly, we're back in the 700-800 range. At which point I
can run it at full screen at ~500fps.

Now, if I close glxgears, then restart it. All is well.

Amazingly, if I now preview GL screen savers, everything is full speed.
Absolutely fantastic, and just like things have been since Badger.

However, if I logout of kde and then log back in again, then everything
is go slow again. Load glxgears, set to full screen, leave for a minute
- I'm doing this while I type - and lo! back to full speed.

There's a problem here, but it's so close!

Any ideas/suggestions?

--
Cheers,
Marc