to the list owner(s)

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:14:38 UTC 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 15:03:31 Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > Actually I think she's referring to the common practice of some List
> > Servers to add a "[user-L]" type label to the beginning of the subject.
>
> I also think this is a bad idea, and it certainly is not universal.
>
> > This is the  only list I'm subscribed to that doesn't do that.  I
> > wouldn't mind it, even though I have a rule setup to send all email with
> > recipient of "kubuntu- users at lists.ubuntu.com" to the "Kubuntu" folder.
>
> See, that's one of the (many) mostly effective methods.  That particular
> one fails when someone (god knows why) puts the list in a bcc.  But that
> is rare enough not to really be an issue.  So again, why make the
> subject line (the only part meant for human eyes) longer than it needs
> to be?
>
> Matt Flaschen

KMail 1.9.9 offers me the choice of filtering on list when I set up a filter
for an email from a list.  I use this for all my lists.  I have not so far
come across a list that KMail cannot filter in this way.

In the case of the KUbuntu users list, KMail is presumably using the
header "List-Id: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions
<kubuntu-users.lists.ubuntu.com>"

Lisi