to the list owner(s)

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sun Apr 5 14:03:31 UTC 2009

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> Actually I think she's referring to the common practice of some List Servers
> to add a "[user-L]" type label to the beginning of the subject.

I also think this is a bad idea, and it certainly is not universal.

> This is the  only list I'm subscribed to that doesn't do that.  I wouldn't mind it, even
> though I have a rule setup to send all email with recipient of "kubuntu-
> users at lists.ubuntu.com" to the "Kubuntu" folder.

See, that's one of the (many) mostly effective methods.  That particular
one fails when someone (god knows why) puts the list in a bcc.  But that
is rare enough not to really be an issue.  So again, why make the
subject line (the only part meant for human eyes) longer than it needs
to be?

Matt Flaschen