8.04, cant't connect to wireless net with WEP key

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Apr 3 22:04:59 UTC 2009

Hello

this is odd. I can connect to every open wireless net, I even can
connect to wireless net using WPA 2 keys.

But I tried to connect to a network with WEP enabled and finally the
connection gets refused.

I can perfectly connect using MS XP, so I am wondering that may be
knetworkmanager does not transmit the key undamaged.

Or can somebody point me out how to connect to a wireless net with
WEP using other tools than knetworkmanager.

no nm-applet does not work neither.

thanks

Uwe Brauer