Wi-Fi Problem on Hi-Grade laptop

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:52:09 UTC 2008

I have a Hi-Grade Model Number 332 laptop, which has an Intel wi-fi
card built in, and I have installed Kubuntu 8.04 on it.

KWIFIManager shows that I am connected to my router with good signal
strength, but I can't connect to Konqueror or Opera.  I checked with
System Settings->Network Settings and I found that my interface was
neither Configured nor Enabled so I Configured the Wireless Interface
and enabled it.

I rebooted and confirmed my Wireless interface enabled and correctly
confirmed and KWIFIManager shows a connection to my router with good
signal strength, but I still cannot get a connection to either
Konqueror or Opera.

When I reconnect the ethernet cable and reboot, all is well, but
unfortunately there are no ethernet sockets in the study rooms at
university (which I start again on 29th of this month): only wi-fi
hotspots.

Can anyone help me?

--
Graham Todd