Konqueror is very slow to start

Tony Sivori TonySivori at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 21:03:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:04:11 -0700, Juan Kawada wrote:

> Are you only using konqueror as a file manager, or do you use it as a
> browser also? sorry if this is a stupid question, I'd just like to
> clarify.

Konqueror is my default file manager and web browser. It took me about
five minutes to decide that I want no part of Dolphin in it's current
state of development. I also use Firefox for web browsing, but only on
sites that require Java and Java Script. I have all that junk turned off
in Konqueror for 95% of my web browsing, and the web is a much nicer
place.

Konqueror is my default file manager and web browser. It took me about
five minutes to decide that I want no part of Dolphin in it's current
state of development. I also use Firefox for web browsing, but only on
sites that require Java and Java Script. I have all that junk turned off
in Konqueror for 95% of my web browsing, and the web is a much nicer
place.

Konqueror is slow to start whether I'm trying to open google.com (my home
page) or any random directory.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.