Konqueror is very slow to start

Tony Sivori TonySivori at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 20:58:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:22:22 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:

> Tony Sivori wrote:
>> After a reboot, Konqueror is very slow to start. Konqueror takes about
>> three minutes to start. This used to happen only sometimes, but after
>> the last Konqueror update it now does it every time.

> Check your DNS preferences.

Good thought, considering that Kmail is also affected. But Pan, Adept
Updater, KWeather, and Firefox all work normally. I'm using my ISP's DNS,
which lately has been adequate. Besides, when DNS is down, programs start
normally but I get a "site not found" or "unable to connect" type of error.

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.