kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 160

Kevin Jones kjb.jones at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:17:41 UTC 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Earl Violet <ejviolet at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: converting video files
> To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

> > Subject: Re: converting video files
> > To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> > Date: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
> > Dear Kevin,
>

> > Windows should be able to read avi-files.
>
> I just ran a avi file in Windows Media Player.  Worked fine.  Yes, embarrassingly I still have a windows box that I paid $3 for.
>
> Earl
>

> -Earl,
I thought so too.   For some reason my windows media player does not
play avi files. And certainly the zune gadget I just bought seems to be
very restricted in what it plays. I have one laptop that I keep for when
I need windows type stuff, and even then use vlc as a player.
I do have a converter for windows, but would have liked one for the
kubuntu

Kevin