Intrepid?? KDE4 is causing a ruckus, how is Gnome with the new system?

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:17:42 UTC 2008

I've tried an upgraded intrepid kubuntu on another partition and am
having problems with slow application startup time, poor fonts in
firefox and t'bird, slowness (unusable) in google-earth, broken
hibernate, and many keyboard functions (i.e. eject, battery monitor,
suspend, hibernate) don't work.  Maybe this is all because I did an
upgrade, instead of a fresh install, so I'll give it another try after
it comes out final.  For now, I'm staying with hardy and kde 3.5.10 on
my productivity partition where everything is working well.

regards,