Intrepid?? KDE4 is causing a ruckus, how is Gnome with the new system?

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:42:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:07:52 +0200
Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Intrepid??

I feel like being a bit facetious here, so please ignore my comments
if you feel them unwarranted...

>KDE4 is causing a ruckus, how is Gnome with the new system?

IMHO Gnome has always been horrible, even before Ubuntu burst on the
scene.  I hate using and watching Gnome, despite some eye candy being
foisted on the unlucky user.

In any case, extensive discussion on that question should be on the
Ubuntu list.  But the underlying problem remains: I HATE GNOME.

> Do you like 8.10? Is it a good upgrade or will it just be something
> not to bother with? I don't want to hear about kde, that belongs on
> the Kubuntu list.
> Thoughts?

Kubuntu 8.10 is a VERY good upgrade and KDE 4.1.0 will be mature enough
to use soon..

Does anyone know of distro that combines KDE and Enlightenment WITHOUT
USING GNOME (feels better now I've got that off my chest...)

--
Graham Todd