KDE File Chooser in GTK apps on Kubuntu

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:59:47 BST 2008

2008/10/21 Art Alexion <art.alexion at gmail.com>:
> This is something I would really like, but I question the voting
> process.  The developers participating in the last thread seemed
> really offended by the whole concept of users demanding features (or
> resources) without contributing code.
> Some projects, notably kmymoney, kdepim and tellico, have very
> responsive develpers, but the core KDE developers seem to have a siege
> mentality, perhaps precipitated by the criticism or KDE 4 which they
> have worked hard to develop.
> Of course, they made some decisions that insured the criticism,
> deserved or not.  But in the current climate, "voting" on core
> components and features seems fruitless, and perhaps
> counterproductive.

Which thread was that? I have filed literally hundreds of wish-bugs at
KDE, *buntus, Fedora, Open Office, Mozilla, Zim, and other Bug
Trackers, and have seen many of my ideas implemented.

Regarding voting, the forum that I linked to is an official Ubuntu
forum designed just for end users to vote on what they want.

Dotan Cohen