internet connection on Kubuntu Hardy

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 14 13:33:52 UTC 2008

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Monday 13 October 2008 22:47:04 Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

>> 2) there is a problem with the dbus config I suppose but try restarting
>> dbus instead networiking (configure the interface over the kontrol center
>> to use dhcp)
>>
>> sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart

Before resorting to that, always try
>> or just the network part
>>
>> sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager restart

first. Restarting all of dbus is a sledgehammer approach with potential
unwanted side-effects - e.g., I lose my battery monitoring until I restart
guidance-power-manager

> bash: /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager: No such file or directory

which says you don't actually have NetworkManager installed:
$ dlocate 25Network
network-manager: /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager
--
derek