Beta 8.10 released

Emanoil Kotsev deloptes at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 09:06:41 UTC 2008

Thanks for this response too.

--- On Fri, 10/10/08, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> From: Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> Subject: Re: Beta 8.10 released
> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 2:19 AM
> Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>

> > Indeed "having such a hard time in this
> discussion" and being the "guinea
> > pig" which is your asumption but not the way how
> I feel is because I know
> > why I'm doing it.
>
> I don't "assume" that, I'm just trying to
> point out that it's quite easy to
> keep with a working environmnent and only experiment with
> the parts you
> want to.  If you don't want to use KDE4, there's no
> need to.
>
> > The thing that I still think you didn't understand
> is that at the time of
> > the next major distro shift k/ubuntu should write or
> say things somehow
> > people can understand them easyly.
>
> Yes...  That, unfortunately, is typical for all of Linux.
> Programmers have
> a bad habit of not being very good at interpersonal
> communication in the
> first place, and finding communicators who are interested
> in KDE isn't
> easy.

That's what I mean. It's pitty that I don't rmemeber where I found this KDE 4 presentation in youtube. What I was trying to say that it was pretty easy for k/ubuntu to put such a link somewhere around the download link of kde4.

Few people did downloaded, installed and screamed. This is a bad example of "marketing" and misleading users is something no one wants.

So I'm talking here about the publicity k/ubunto is doing in general, because it seems to be a very nice distro a lot of people use.

After my discussion with kernel developers we agreed that issues should be discussed with distros, so now the question is how k/ubunto developers get the message from this discussion

> > I didn't read anywhere on the k/ubuntu web site
> that LST is only ubuntu
> > related.
>
> It's there somewhere - I haven't looked for a good
> while, but it was hotly
> debated when the Ubuntu LTS was announced, and the Kubuntu
> team didn't feel
> they could properly support an LTS release.

Well I think I'm pretty intelligent person and I do read more than other people do, so if I have not read it and fall in the trap, then it's well hidden for sure.

> > I hope you understand me as well as I understand you
>
> I think so, now.
>
> > and again I really appreciate this discussion
>
> I too.

thanks for that

regards